Boy killed, four others injured in a blast in Bihar
Bhagalpur: A boy was killed and four others injured, three of them seriously, in a bomb blast on Wednesday at Nandlalpur village in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, a police officer said.
The incident took place in Nandlalpur village under Kahalgaon police station as a bomb buried in a farmland with standing pulse crop exploded after some boys dug out the explosive and fiddled with it, the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) KS Anupam said.
A boy, identified as Ankit Kumar (12), died on the spot, while four others sustained injuries, three of them seriously, She said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem in a government hospital, while three critically injured boys, identified as Radhe Rajak (13), Gulshan Mandal (12) and Bhojal Sav (14), have been rushed to the Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College and Hospital for treatment, the SSP said.
The bomb exploded when it was dug up by boys, injuring three of them critically in Kahalgaon area, police said.
The Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Minu Kumari also visited the spot with sniffer dogs for probe into the matter, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe