Boy killed, four others injured in a blast in Bihar
Bhagalpur: A boy was killed and four others injured, three of them seriously, in a bomb blast on Wednesday at Nandlalpur village in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, a police officer said.
The incident took place in Nandlalpur village under Kahalgaon police station as a bomb buried in a farmland with standing pulse crop exploded after some boys dug out the explosive and fiddled with it, the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) KS Anupam said.
A boy, identified as Ankit Kumar (12), died on the spot, while four others sustained injuries, three of them seriously, She said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem in a government hospital, while three critically injured boys, identified as Radhe Rajak (13), Gulshan Mandal (12) and Bhojal Sav (14), have been rushed to the Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College and Hospital for treatment, the SSP said.
The bomb exploded when it was dug up by boys, injuring three of them critically in Kahalgaon area, police said.
The Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Minu Kumari also visited the spot with sniffer dogs for probe into the matter, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'