Boy killed, four others injured in a blast in Bihar
Bhagalpur: A boy was killed and four others injured, three of them seriously, in a bomb blast on Wednesday at Nandlalpur village in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, a police officer said.
The incident took place in Nandlalpur village under Kahalgaon police station as a bomb buried in a farmland with standing pulse crop exploded after some boys dug out the explosive and fiddled with it, the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) KS Anupam said.
A boy, identified as Ankit Kumar (12), died on the spot, while four others sustained injuries, three of them seriously, She said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem in a government hospital, while three critically injured boys, identified as Radhe Rajak (13), Gulshan Mandal (12) and Bhojal Sav (14), have been rushed to the Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College and Hospital for treatment, the SSP said.
The bomb exploded when it was dug up by boys, injuring three of them critically in Kahalgaon area, police said.
The Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Minu Kumari also visited the spot with sniffer dogs for probe into the matter, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!