Boy killed in Bihar for plucking mangoes
Patna: A 10-year-old boy was severely beaten up for allegedly plucking mangoes from an orchard in Bihar`s Samastipur district. The child died from injuries, police said here on Friday.
Vijay Kumar was severely beaten up and later died late Thursday at Seura village in the Shahpur Patori area of Samastipur, about 100 km from state capital Patna, by owner of the orchard Ramvilas Rai and his son Sadhua Rai, according to police.
"My son`s only crime was that he plucked a few mangoes from the orchard for which the father-son duo beat him to death," the boy`s father said.
A case has been registered against the father-son duo. "Police have raided several places to arrest the duo," a police official said.
It is not the first such incident in the state. According to media reports, a five-year-old boy was killed by his 14-year-old relative May 19 for picking up a mango from his orchard in Deen Dayalpur village of Siwan district, around 270 km from the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar