Boy killed in Bihar for plucking mangoes
Patna: A 10-year-old boy was severely beaten up for allegedly plucking mangoes from an orchard in Bihar`s Samastipur district. The child died from injuries, police said here on Friday.
Vijay Kumar was severely beaten up and later died late Thursday at Seura village in the Shahpur Patori area of Samastipur, about 100 km from state capital Patna, by owner of the orchard Ramvilas Rai and his son Sadhua Rai, according to police.
"My son`s only crime was that he plucked a few mangoes from the orchard for which the father-son duo beat him to death," the boy`s father said.
A case has been registered against the father-son duo. "Police have raided several places to arrest the duo," a police official said.
It is not the first such incident in the state. According to media reports, a five-year-old boy was killed by his 14-year-old relative May 19 for picking up a mango from his orchard in Deen Dayalpur village of Siwan district, around 270 km from the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok