Boy killed in Bihar for plucking mangoes
Patna: A 10-year-old boy was severely beaten up for allegedly plucking mangoes from an orchard in Bihar`s Samastipur district. The child died from injuries, police said here on Friday.
Vijay Kumar was severely beaten up and later died late Thursday at Seura village in the Shahpur Patori area of Samastipur, about 100 km from state capital Patna, by owner of the orchard Ramvilas Rai and his son Sadhua Rai, according to police.
"My son`s only crime was that he plucked a few mangoes from the orchard for which the father-son duo beat him to death," the boy`s father said.
A case has been registered against the father-son duo. "Police have raided several places to arrest the duo," a police official said.
It is not the first such incident in the state. According to media reports, a five-year-old boy was killed by his 14-year-old relative May 19 for picking up a mango from his orchard in Deen Dayalpur village of Siwan district, around 270 km from the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1