Brahmeshwar Singh murder: CP Thakur’s car attacked
Patna: In the wake of killing of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh, a group of people attacked the car of CP Thakur, BJP party president in Bihar, on Saturday. The incident took place in Bihta near Patna while he was on his way to Arrah.
As per reports, stones were pelted at Thakur’s car and the windows of the car were reportedly damaged in the attack. He reportedly said that the mob attacked him demanding his resignation from party position.
The supporters of the slain chief of Ranvir Sena were suspected to be behind the attack.
Bihar has been put on high alert as the chief of Ranvir Sena Brahmeshwar Singh alias `Mukhiya ji`, who was on Friday shot dead by unidentified gunmen while he was on a morning walk triggering violence, will be cremated on Saturday.
Brahmeshwar Singh was also the founder of the Ranvir Sena - the dreaded private militia of `upper caste` landowners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj