Brahmeshwar Singh murder: CP Thakur’s car attacked
Patna: In the wake of killing of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh, a group of people attacked the car of CP Thakur, BJP party president in Bihar, on Saturday. The incident took place in Bihta near Patna while he was on his way to Arrah.
As per reports, stones were pelted at Thakur’s car and the windows of the car were reportedly damaged in the attack. He reportedly said that the mob attacked him demanding his resignation from party position.
The supporters of the slain chief of Ranvir Sena were suspected to be behind the attack.
Bihar has been put on high alert as the chief of Ranvir Sena Brahmeshwar Singh alias `Mukhiya ji`, who was on Friday shot dead by unidentified gunmen while he was on a morning walk triggering violence, will be cremated on Saturday.
Brahmeshwar Singh was also the founder of the Ranvir Sena - the dreaded private militia of `upper caste` landowners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected