Brahmeshwar Singh murder: CP Thakur’s car attacked
Patna: In the wake of killing of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh, a group of people attacked the car of CP Thakur, BJP party president in Bihar, on Saturday. The incident took place in Bihta near Patna while he was on his way to Arrah.
As per reports, stones were pelted at Thakur’s car and the windows of the car were reportedly damaged in the attack. He reportedly said that the mob attacked him demanding his resignation from party position.
The supporters of the slain chief of Ranvir Sena were suspected to be behind the attack.
Bihar has been put on high alert as the chief of Ranvir Sena Brahmeshwar Singh alias `Mukhiya ji`, who was on Friday shot dead by unidentified gunmen while he was on a morning walk triggering violence, will be cremated on Saturday.
Brahmeshwar Singh was also the founder of the Ranvir Sena - the dreaded private militia of `upper caste` landowners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon