Brahmeshwar Singh murder: CP Thakur’s car attacked
Patna: In the wake of killing of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh, a group of people attacked the car of CP Thakur, BJP party president in Bihar, on Saturday. The incident took place in Bihta near Patna while he was on his way to Arrah.
As per reports, stones were pelted at Thakur’s car and the windows of the car were reportedly damaged in the attack. He reportedly said that the mob attacked him demanding his resignation from party position.
The supporters of the slain chief of Ranvir Sena were suspected to be behind the attack.
Bihar has been put on high alert as the chief of Ranvir Sena Brahmeshwar Singh alias `Mukhiya ji`, who was on Friday shot dead by unidentified gunmen while he was on a morning walk triggering violence, will be cremated on Saturday.
Brahmeshwar Singh was also the founder of the Ranvir Sena - the dreaded private militia of `upper caste` landowners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'