Bridegroom shot dead before wedding in Bihar
Patna: A bridegroom was shot dead by unidentified assailants in a Bihar village late Tuesday, minutes before he was to be married, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place in Pachmah village in Gaya district, about 100 km from here. The bridegroom has been identified as Ashok Mistri.
"Soon after the marriage party arrived in the village, people accompanying Ashok stopped at a place to urinate, leaving him alone in a Bolero jeep. However, some unidentified people opened fire and killed him," Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said.
The officer said that a first information report (FIR) has been lodged with the police and an investigation into the case has begun.
Similar incidents have been reported from other parts of the state as well. Last month, a man was killed at his wedding in Vaishali district, while another bridegroom was shot dead in Darbhanga district just before his wedding three months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test