Bring media, corporate houses under Lokpal: Lalu
Mirzapur: RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav
on Thursday said the electronic media and corporate houses should
be brought under the purview of the proposed Lokpal Bill to
fight graft effectively.
"The electronic media and corporate houses should also
come under the purview of the Lokpal. This is the view of many
members of the Standing Committee set up for the issue," he
told reporters here.
To a question, Lalu said "corruption is all pervasive
in the country and it cannot be checked only through Lokpal."
The former Bihar Chief Minister, here to pay obeisance
to deity Vindhyavasini, said Gandhian Anna Hazare himself
believed that the anti-graft bill would check only 60 per cent
"But what about the remaining 40 per cent?" he asked.
To Anna`s call not to vote for the Congress if the
party failed to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill, Lalu said he and
his team should form a political party and enter electoral
fray to understand intricacies of politics.
On the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, he
said the crime rate in the state was on the rise as "ministers
themselves are law-breakers".
"All the ministers found guilty by the Lokayukt should
be immediately sent to jail," he said.
On his party`s plans for upcoming Assembly elections
in Uttar Pradesh, he said he had issued necessary directions
to his state unit chief in this regard.
The RJD supremo said his party planned to contest some
30 to 35 seats in UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Hiring in FY'17 may be lower: NASSCOM
- '27 saal UP behaal': Congress announces 3-day bus yatra from Delhi to Kanpur
- Pacts to maintain peace along Indo-China border must be respected: Beijing
- Police in Florida shoot black man lying on ground
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government