Britain High Commissioner praises Nitish Kumar`s cycle scheme
Patna: The cycle scheme to boost education among girls in Bihar on Tuesday drew praise from British High Commissioner to India, James Bevan.
Bevan during an hour long meeting with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar here this evening said initiative to link education with growth in Bihar was a matter of discussion.
Generating self confidence among women through education and women empowerment was indeed a pioneering step, he said according to an official statement here.
The British High Commissioner gathered valuable information about implementation of Right to Service Act in Bihar.
He was impressed to know that various public utility services were provided to people within a definite time frame under the Act in the state.
Bevan sought to know about newer initiatives taken in the field of education, health and infrastructure development.
He extended an invitation to Kumar to visit Britain to share growth story of Bihar with people there.
Principal Secretary to the CM Anjani Kumar Singh, his counterpart in Health Deepak Kumar and General Administration D S Gangwar were present during the meeting at One Anne marg residence of the CM.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory