British parliamentary delegation calls on Nitish
Patna: A British parliamentary delegation today called on the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi and discussed various aspects of economic growth of Bihar, an official release said.
The eight-member delegates of the UK Commonwealth Parliamentary Association comprising Alun Cairns, Lord Career, Jonathan Djanogly, Baroness Gale, Baroness Bushcombe, Diana Johnson, Mary Macleod, Seema Malhotra and Lord Rana met the chief minister and his deputy separately and discussed various ongoing works being funded by the Department For International Development (DFID) in Bihar.
The improved law and order situation, education and health services, prospects in tourism sector were among various facets the visiting British parliamentarians discussed with Kumar and Modi, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`