British parliamentary delegation calls on Nitish
Patna: A British parliamentary delegation today called on the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi and discussed various aspects of economic growth of Bihar, an official release said.
The eight-member delegates of the UK Commonwealth Parliamentary Association comprising Alun Cairns, Lord Career, Jonathan Djanogly, Baroness Gale, Baroness Bushcombe, Diana Johnson, Mary Macleod, Seema Malhotra and Lord Rana met the chief minister and his deputy separately and discussed various ongoing works being funded by the Department For International Development (DFID) in Bihar.
The improved law and order situation, education and health services, prospects in tourism sector were among various facets the visiting British parliamentarians discussed with Kumar and Modi, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city