British parliamentary delegation calls on Nitish
Patna: A British parliamentary delegation today called on the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi and discussed various aspects of economic growth of Bihar, an official release said.
The eight-member delegates of the UK Commonwealth Parliamentary Association comprising Alun Cairns, Lord Career, Jonathan Djanogly, Baroness Gale, Baroness Bushcombe, Diana Johnson, Mary Macleod, Seema Malhotra and Lord Rana met the chief minister and his deputy separately and discussed various ongoing works being funded by the Department For International Development (DFID) in Bihar.
The improved law and order situation, education and health services, prospects in tourism sector were among various facets the visiting British parliamentarians discussed with Kumar and Modi, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire