British parliamentary delegation calls on Nitish
Patna: A British parliamentary delegation today called on the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi and discussed various aspects of economic growth of Bihar, an official release said.
The eight-member delegates of the UK Commonwealth Parliamentary Association comprising Alun Cairns, Lord Career, Jonathan Djanogly, Baroness Gale, Baroness Bushcombe, Diana Johnson, Mary Macleod, Seema Malhotra and Lord Rana met the chief minister and his deputy separately and discussed various ongoing works being funded by the Department For International Development (DFID) in Bihar.
The improved law and order situation, education and health services, prospects in tourism sector were among various facets the visiting British parliamentarians discussed with Kumar and Modi, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi