BSNL godown fire: Equipment worth Rs 25 cr destroyed
Gaya (Bihar): Telephone cables and other
equipment worth nearly Rs 25 crore were destroyed when a fire
broke out in a store of the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited at
Bodh Gaya here on Monday.
BSNL (Magadh Division) General Manager R P Tripathy said
the fire, caused due to electric short-circuit, engulfed the
the entire BSNL central store in the afternoon.
Telephone cables besides other sophisticated equipment,
the value of which was estimated to be around Rs 25 crore,
were destroyed in the blaze, he said.
Firefighters took over four hours to douse the flames,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis