BSNL godown fire: Equipment worth Rs 25 cr destroyed
Gaya (Bihar): Telephone cables and other
equipment worth nearly Rs 25 crore were destroyed when a fire
broke out in a store of the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited at
Bodh Gaya here on Monday.
BSNL (Magadh Division) General Manager R P Tripathy said
the fire, caused due to electric short-circuit, engulfed the
the entire BSNL central store in the afternoon.
Telephone cables besides other sophisticated equipment,
the value of which was estimated to be around Rs 25 crore,
were destroyed in the blaze, he said.
Firefighters took over four hours to douse the flames,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days