BSNL godown fire: Equipment worth Rs 25 cr destroyed
Gaya (Bihar): Telephone cables and other
equipment worth nearly Rs 25 crore were destroyed when a fire
broke out in a store of the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited at
Bodh Gaya here on Monday.
BSNL (Magadh Division) General Manager R P Tripathy said
the fire, caused due to electric short-circuit, engulfed the
the entire BSNL central store in the afternoon.
Telephone cables besides other sophisticated equipment,
the value of which was estimated to be around Rs 25 crore,
were destroyed in the blaze, he said.
Firefighters took over four hours to douse the flames,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened