BSP announces list of nominees with caste details
Patna: The BSP has released its second list
of 125 nominees for Bihar Assembly polls giving their caste
details with the State Election Commission saying it was in
violation of the model code of conduct.
"I think it is in violation of the model code of conduct
for elections," Additional Chief Electoral Officer Ansumali
The State Election Commission would send the list
obtained by the media to the Election Commission seeking
instructions, he said.
BSP leader Gandhi Azad released the list of names of
candidates with their caste details.
Azad said the party had already released the first list
of its 36 candidates last week, and the final list of
candidates for the rest of the 243 seats in Bihar would be
declared within ten days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj