BSP sacked ministers to fool voters: BJP
Deoria: BJP on Monday alleged Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati`s move to sack four of her ministers
was aimed at befooling the electorate ahead of the state
"Mayawati turned a blind eye on the corruption in her
ministry during the past four years but with the Assembly
elections being announced, she dismissed four of her ministers
to show that she is intolerant to corruption," BJP state unit
president Surya Pratap Shahi told reporters here.
Alleging that Mayawati herself is at the centre of
corruption, Shahi said there are about 25 ministers in the
BSP-led government who are involved in corruption. Lokayukta
is also probing graft charges against most of the ministers.
Mayawati had yesterday sacked four ministers facing
The four were Higher Education minister Rakeshdhar
Tripathi, Agriculture, Education and Research minister Rajpal
Tyagi, minister of state for Backward Welfare (independent
charge) Awdhesh Verma and minister of state for Home Guard
Tripathi is also facing a Lokayukta probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot