BSP sacked ministers to fool voters: BJP
Deoria: BJP on Monday alleged Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati`s move to sack four of her ministers
was aimed at befooling the electorate ahead of the state
"Mayawati turned a blind eye on the corruption in her
ministry during the past four years but with the Assembly
elections being announced, she dismissed four of her ministers
to show that she is intolerant to corruption," BJP state unit
president Surya Pratap Shahi told reporters here.
Alleging that Mayawati herself is at the centre of
corruption, Shahi said there are about 25 ministers in the
BSP-led government who are involved in corruption. Lokayukta
is also probing graft charges against most of the ministers.
Mayawati had yesterday sacked four ministers facing
The four were Higher Education minister Rakeshdhar
Tripathi, Agriculture, Education and Research minister Rajpal
Tyagi, minister of state for Backward Welfare (independent
charge) Awdhesh Verma and minister of state for Home Guard
Tripathi is also facing a Lokayukta probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!