Buddha park to be developed as tourist attraction: Nitish
Patna: On the occasion of Buddha Purnima,
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday visited the Buddha
Memorial Park here and said it would be developed as a centre
for tourist attraction.
The Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, inaugurated
the park on the occasion of Buddha Prurnima last year.
During his visit to the park, Kumar expressed happiness
over the growth of saplings of Boddhi trees brought here from
Sri Lanka and Bodh Gaya. He said a statue of lord Buddha would
be erected in the park.
Besides several important materials related to Lord
Buddha would be on display for tourists, he said.
The chief minister was accompanied by assembly speaker U
N Choudhary, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, Water Resource
Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary, Information Minister Brishen
Patel, Industry Minister Renu Devi, Tourism Minister Sunil
Kumar Pintoo, Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh and former
Chief Minister Dr Jagannath Mishra.
He was received by Buddhist monks in the traditional
manner and participated in the mass prayers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray