Buddha park to be developed as tourist attraction: Nitish
Patna: On the occasion of Buddha Purnima,
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday visited the Buddha
Memorial Park here and said it would be developed as a centre
for tourist attraction.
The Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, inaugurated
the park on the occasion of Buddha Prurnima last year.
During his visit to the park, Kumar expressed happiness
over the growth of saplings of Boddhi trees brought here from
Sri Lanka and Bodh Gaya. He said a statue of lord Buddha would
be erected in the park.
Besides several important materials related to Lord
Buddha would be on display for tourists, he said.
The chief minister was accompanied by assembly speaker U
N Choudhary, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, Water Resource
Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary, Information Minister Brishen
Patel, Industry Minister Renu Devi, Tourism Minister Sunil
Kumar Pintoo, Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh and former
Chief Minister Dr Jagannath Mishra.
He was received by Buddhist monks in the traditional
manner and participated in the mass prayers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Who rocked at the IIFA 2016 press con? Priyanka Chopra or Deepika Padukone—SEE PICS
- Ministers in 'coat and tie' look like waiters, says Subramanian Swamy
- WhatsApp, Viber pose security threat, should be banned: PIL filed in SC
- Google teams up with Udacity to initiate programme for Android beginners
- LIVE Brexit shock: Markets pare early losses; Sensex still down over 700 points