Budget session of Bihar Legislature expected to be stormy one
Patna: A determined opposition is all set to grill the NDA government in Bihar on the law and order front and various other issues during the budget session of Bihar Legislature beginning Monday.
The 45-day long session will start with Governor Devenand Konwar`s customary address to the members at the joint sitting of the two Houses.
The routine business will, however, commence from February 19 with Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi tabling the economic survey report which will contain details of the state government`s performance on key economic parameters as well as future target.
Modi, who holds the finance portfolio, will present the 2013-14 budget on February 21 and the third supplementary demands on the following day, official sources said.
The session, which will end on April 3, will have 29 sittings.
Meanwhile, Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Samrat Chaudhary said RJD MLAs will raise issues like deteriorating law and order situation and corruption in education and health departments during session.
His party will seek to put the state government in the dock over the alleged press censorship and suppression of freedom of media as articulated by the Press Council of India (PCI) in a probe report, Chaudhary said.
The suspension of the "tainted" IPS officer Alok Kumar, formerly Saran DIG for allegedly demanding Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader and that of another IPS officer Babu Ram in a case of brutal torture at his official residence in Sheikhpura district last month are likely to figure prominently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash