Budget session of Bihar Legislature expected to be stormy one
Patna: A determined opposition is all set to grill the NDA government in Bihar on the law and order front and various other issues during the budget session of Bihar Legislature beginning Monday.
The 45-day long session will start with Governor Devenand Konwar`s customary address to the members at the joint sitting of the two Houses.
The routine business will, however, commence from February 19 with Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi tabling the economic survey report which will contain details of the state government`s performance on key economic parameters as well as future target.
Modi, who holds the finance portfolio, will present the 2013-14 budget on February 21 and the third supplementary demands on the following day, official sources said.
The session, which will end on April 3, will have 29 sittings.
Meanwhile, Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Samrat Chaudhary said RJD MLAs will raise issues like deteriorating law and order situation and corruption in education and health departments during session.
His party will seek to put the state government in the dock over the alleged press censorship and suppression of freedom of media as articulated by the Press Council of India (PCI) in a probe report, Chaudhary said.
The suspension of the "tainted" IPS officer Alok Kumar, formerly Saran DIG for allegedly demanding Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader and that of another IPS officer Babu Ram in a case of brutal torture at his official residence in Sheikhpura district last month are likely to figure prominently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp