Budget session of Bihar Legislature expected to be stormy one
Patna: A determined opposition is all set to grill the NDA government in Bihar on the law and order front and various other issues during the budget session of Bihar Legislature beginning Monday.
The 45-day long session will start with Governor Devenand Konwar`s customary address to the members at the joint sitting of the two Houses.
The routine business will, however, commence from February 19 with Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi tabling the economic survey report which will contain details of the state government`s performance on key economic parameters as well as future target.
Modi, who holds the finance portfolio, will present the 2013-14 budget on February 21 and the third supplementary demands on the following day, official sources said.
The session, which will end on April 3, will have 29 sittings.
Meanwhile, Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Samrat Chaudhary said RJD MLAs will raise issues like deteriorating law and order situation and corruption in education and health departments during session.
His party will seek to put the state government in the dock over the alleged press censorship and suppression of freedom of media as articulated by the Press Council of India (PCI) in a probe report, Chaudhary said.
The suspension of the "tainted" IPS officer Alok Kumar, formerly Saran DIG for allegedly demanding Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader and that of another IPS officer Babu Ram in a case of brutal torture at his official residence in Sheikhpura district last month are likely to figure prominently.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed