Budget session of Bihar Legislature expected to be stormy one
Patna: A determined opposition is all set to grill the NDA government in Bihar on the law and order front and various other issues during the budget session of Bihar Legislature beginning Monday.
The 45-day long session will start with Governor Devenand Konwar`s customary address to the members at the joint sitting of the two Houses.
The routine business will, however, commence from February 19 with Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi tabling the economic survey report which will contain details of the state government`s performance on key economic parameters as well as future target.
Modi, who holds the finance portfolio, will present the 2013-14 budget on February 21 and the third supplementary demands on the following day, official sources said.
The session, which will end on April 3, will have 29 sittings.
Meanwhile, Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Samrat Chaudhary said RJD MLAs will raise issues like deteriorating law and order situation and corruption in education and health departments during session.
His party will seek to put the state government in the dock over the alleged press censorship and suppression of freedom of media as articulated by the Press Council of India (PCI) in a probe report, Chaudhary said.
The suspension of the "tainted" IPS officer Alok Kumar, formerly Saran DIG for allegedly demanding Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader and that of another IPS officer Babu Ram in a case of brutal torture at his official residence in Sheikhpura district last month are likely to figure prominently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!