Budget session of Bihar Legislature expected to be stormy one
Patna: A determined opposition is all set to grill the NDA government in Bihar on the law and order front and various other issues during the budget session of Bihar Legislature beginning Monday.
The 45-day long session will start with Governor Devenand Konwar`s customary address to the members at the joint sitting of the two Houses.
The routine business will, however, commence from February 19 with Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi tabling the economic survey report which will contain details of the state government`s performance on key economic parameters as well as future target.
Modi, who holds the finance portfolio, will present the 2013-14 budget on February 21 and the third supplementary demands on the following day, official sources said.
The session, which will end on April 3, will have 29 sittings.
Meanwhile, Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Samrat Chaudhary said RJD MLAs will raise issues like deteriorating law and order situation and corruption in education and health departments during session.
His party will seek to put the state government in the dock over the alleged press censorship and suppression of freedom of media as articulated by the Press Council of India (PCI) in a probe report, Chaudhary said.
The suspension of the "tainted" IPS officer Alok Kumar, formerly Saran DIG for allegedly demanding Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader and that of another IPS officer Babu Ram in a case of brutal torture at his official residence in Sheikhpura district last month are likely to figure prominently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’