Businessman`s son abduction case: Nitish Kumar asks DGP to investigate
Patna: Amid reports of the involvement of a Bihar minister in the kidnapping of a Gujarat-based businessman`s son, who was later released on payment of Rs 25-crore ransom, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said he has asked state police chief to probe into the case.
"The day I came to know about the matter I have asked the DGP to look into the matter," Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of the 61st All India convention of India Historical Record function.
"Whosoever is the culprit and whatever position he is holding the culprit will not be spared," he said.
"Let it be XYZ... law will reach to neck of the culprit," he added.
With the Surat-based textile businessman, father of the kidnapped boy, alleging involvement of a state minister in the kidnapping, the CM said "I`m interested in knowing the name."
As per media reports Sohail Hingora son of Hanif Hingora was kidnapped from Daman and by inter-state gang of criminals on October 29 and kept in hostage in Bihar from October 31 till his father paid a ransom of Rs 25 crore in Patna to free his son.
Hanif Hingora has alleged that his son was kept in house of a police officer in Saran district and a minister in the Nitish Kumar government is involved in the process.
The CM said the DGP told him that the Daman Police never contacted the Bihar police over the incident prior to revealing the incident now.
"Had they informed Bihar police earlier the state police would definitely helped them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price