CAG rapped Bihar govt for lack of plan
Patna: CAG has ticked off Nitish Kumar government for lacking objective planning for utilisation of funds drawn on Abstract Contingency (AC) bills.
The Bihar government had withdrawn Rs 16,033.01 crore on AC bills between 2009-12 of which the plan head drawals accounted for Rs 12,332.64 crore which indicated that object level planning was absent as items of expenditure were known while drawing the amount, CAG said in its report on state finances for the fiscal 2011-12.
The money was simply drawn through the AC bill mode under plan heads for future use awaiting finalisation of implementation modalities to avoid lapse of appropriations, it said.
The national auditor also expressed concern over Detailed Contingency (DC) bills to the tune of Rs 18,797.90 crore remaining pending or submission to Accountant General (Accounts and Expenditure) till August 31, 2012, against 92,168 AC bill drawals amounting to Rs. 30,305.47 crore.
CAG further noted that no expenditure was incurred against AC drawals of Rs 171.64 crore meant for upgradation of primary health centres (PHCs) and sub-divisional hospitals during 2009-11 and was provided to Bihar Medical Services and Infrastructure Corporation Ltd (BMSIC) and the entire amount remained utilised till August 2012.
Pointing to other irregularities in drawal of funds under AC bills, it observed that considerable portion of funds drawn through this route was lying either with the drawing and disbursement officers (DDO) or with the executive agencies even after the lapse of the financial year during which the money was drawn and had been parked in various personal deposit accounts and bank accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report