CAG reveals loss of revenue in Bihar
Patna: Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG)
has revealed under-assessment or loss of revenue of Rs
2,399.68 crore in various commercial departmeents in Bihar
The CAG report for the period ended on March 31, 2011,
presented by Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi in the state
assembly said records of commercial taxes, state excise, tax
on vehicles, land revenue, non-ferrus mining and metallurgical
industries and other departmental offices of 2009-10 were test
checked and the under-assessment/short levy/loss of revenue
was noticed in 2,092 cases.
During 2009-10, the concerned departments accepted
under-assessments and other deficiencies of Rs.1,784.41 crore
in 1,892 cases, the CAG report said.
In 10 commercial taxes circles, suppression of
sales/purchase turnover of Rs 766.96 crore by 17 dealers
resulted in under-assessment of tax of Rs 610.40 crore,
including leviable penalty, it said.
Irregular claim of Input Tax Credit (ITC) by the dealers
in two commercial taxes circles resulted in excess allowance
of ITC of Rs 137.17 crore including leviable penalty.
Non-detection of application of incorrect rates of tax in
seven commercial taxes circles resulted in short levy of tax
of Rs.28.51 crore, including interest and leviable penalty.
In Patna West commercial taxes circle, though the
inter-state stock transfer of goods valued at Rs 19.09 crore
was not supported by prescribed declaration forms, the tax was
levied at lower rate.
This resulted in short levy of tax of Rs 84.62 lakh, the
CAG report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks