CAG reveals loss of revenue in Bihar
Patna: Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG)
has revealed under-assessment or loss of revenue of Rs
2,399.68 crore in various commercial departmeents in Bihar
The CAG report for the period ended on March 31, 2011,
presented by Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi in the state
assembly said records of commercial taxes, state excise, tax
on vehicles, land revenue, non-ferrus mining and metallurgical
industries and other departmental offices of 2009-10 were test
checked and the under-assessment/short levy/loss of revenue
was noticed in 2,092 cases.
During 2009-10, the concerned departments accepted
under-assessments and other deficiencies of Rs.1,784.41 crore
in 1,892 cases, the CAG report said.
In 10 commercial taxes circles, suppression of
sales/purchase turnover of Rs 766.96 crore by 17 dealers
resulted in under-assessment of tax of Rs 610.40 crore,
including leviable penalty, it said.
Irregular claim of Input Tax Credit (ITC) by the dealers
in two commercial taxes circles resulted in excess allowance
of ITC of Rs 137.17 crore including leviable penalty.
Non-detection of application of incorrect rates of tax in
seven commercial taxes circles resulted in short levy of tax
of Rs.28.51 crore, including interest and leviable penalty.
In Patna West commercial taxes circle, though the
inter-state stock transfer of goods valued at Rs 19.09 crore
was not supported by prescribed declaration forms, the tax was
levied at lower rate.
This resulted in short levy of tax of Rs 84.62 lakh, the
CAG report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket