Campaigning for last phase Bihar polls ends
Patna: Campaigning ended on Thursday evening for
26 of the 243 Assembly constituencies going to poll in the sixth and final phase of elections in Bihar on November 20.
Of the 26 constituencies, spread over Rohtas, Aurangabad, Buxar, Kaimur and Gaya districts, 18 have been declared Naxal-hit, where a poll boycott call has been given by the Maoists.
Director-General of Police Neelmani said "elaborate and unprecedented" security arrangement has been made for the smooth conduct of elections.
While, there would be a 100 per cent deployment of the Central Para-Military Force in Gaya and Aurangabad districts, the other would have between 90 and 95 per cent deployment.
The remaining districts will be covered by regular armed forces.
Four BSF helicopters, including an MI-17 and a Dhruv, would be stationed at Gaya, Aurangabad, Rohtas and Kaimur districts with STF commandos for air surveillance.
BSF sniffer dogs and CRPF bomb detection and disposal squads would also be present.
The Bihar-Jharkhand border has been sealed for the election.
Polling will be held in the Naxal-affected seats between 7 am and 3 pm, while in the rest of the seats it will be held between 7 am and 5 pm.
An electorate of over 60 lakh will decide the fate of 426 candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown