Campaigning for last phase Bihar polls ends
Patna: Campaigning ended on Thursday evening for
26 of the 243 Assembly constituencies going to poll in the sixth and final phase of elections in Bihar on November 20.
Of the 26 constituencies, spread over Rohtas, Aurangabad, Buxar, Kaimur and Gaya districts, 18 have been declared Naxal-hit, where a poll boycott call has been given by the Maoists.
Director-General of Police Neelmani said "elaborate and unprecedented" security arrangement has been made for the smooth conduct of elections.
While, there would be a 100 per cent deployment of the Central Para-Military Force in Gaya and Aurangabad districts, the other would have between 90 and 95 per cent deployment.
The remaining districts will be covered by regular armed forces.
Four BSF helicopters, including an MI-17 and a Dhruv, would be stationed at Gaya, Aurangabad, Rohtas and Kaimur districts with STF commandos for air surveillance.
BSF sniffer dogs and CRPF bomb detection and disposal squads would also be present.
The Bihar-Jharkhand border has been sealed for the election.
Polling will be held in the Naxal-affected seats between 7 am and 3 pm, while in the rest of the seats it will be held between 7 am and 5 pm.
An electorate of over 60 lakh will decide the fate of 426 candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'