Case against Sanjay Nirupam for violating model code
Patna: A case of violation of the model code of conduct was registered against Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam on Saturday for his alleged derogatory remarks against JU(U)
president Sharad Yadav and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Nirupam had made the remarks at an election meeting at Fatua in Patna district yesterday, official sources said.
The case was registered following instructions by returning officer for Fatua assembly constituency Khurshid Alam, the sources said.
Nirupam while stepping up attack against Yadav and Kumar for alleged backwardness of Bihar, had said that the two JD(U) leaders should be `thrown` into the Bay of Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre