Case against Sanjay Nirupam for violating model code
Patna: A case of violation of the model code of conduct was registered against Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam on Saturday for his alleged derogatory remarks against JU(U)
president Sharad Yadav and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Nirupam had made the remarks at an election meeting at Fatua in Patna district yesterday, official sources said.
The case was registered following instructions by returning officer for Fatua assembly constituency Khurshid Alam, the sources said.
Nirupam while stepping up attack against Yadav and Kumar for alleged backwardness of Bihar, had said that the two JD(U) leaders should be `thrown` into the Bay of Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Cabinet reshuffle? PM Modi seeks 'self appraisal' report from NDA govt ministers
- Rio Olympics: IOC denies wild card entry to Mary Kom for quadrennial event
- Hall of Shame: SBI says no law broken in funding cluster bomb maker
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Case filed in UP court
- Shocking! 'Incorruptible' ex-BSP MLA, family live in tarpaulin tent by roadside - Know why