Case against Sanjay Nirupam for violating model code
Patna: A case of violation of the model code of conduct was registered against Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam on Saturday for his alleged derogatory remarks against JU(U)
president Sharad Yadav and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Nirupam had made the remarks at an election meeting at Fatua in Patna district yesterday, official sources said.
The case was registered following instructions by returning officer for Fatua assembly constituency Khurshid Alam, the sources said.
Nirupam while stepping up attack against Yadav and Kumar for alleged backwardness of Bihar, had said that the two JD(U) leaders should be `thrown` into the Bay of Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you