Case filed against Asaram Bapu in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: A case was filed in a local court here against spiritual leader Asaram Bapu for his remarks in connection with the Delhi gang-rape case and the court has taken cognisance of it.
The complaint case against the spiritual leader was filed by advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S P Singh, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The petitioner charged Asaram Bapu with allegedly insulting women in general and causing hurt to the sentiments of the people by making controversial remarks during his sermon in Rajasthan`s Tonk district last week in which he had blamed the Delhi gang-rape victim for the incident as much as the rapists.
Ojha prayed for stringent punishment to the spiritual leader for his `condemnable views` in the Delhi gang-rape case at a time when the entire nation was outraged and protests were taking place across the country demanding enactment of strict law against the rapists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi