Case filed against Asaram Bapu in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: A case was filed in a local court here against spiritual leader Asaram Bapu for his remarks in connection with the Delhi gang-rape case and the court has taken cognisance of it.
The complaint case against the spiritual leader was filed by advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S P Singh, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The petitioner charged Asaram Bapu with allegedly insulting women in general and causing hurt to the sentiments of the people by making controversial remarks during his sermon in Rajasthan`s Tonk district last week in which he had blamed the Delhi gang-rape victim for the incident as much as the rapists.
Ojha prayed for stringent punishment to the spiritual leader for his `condemnable views` in the Delhi gang-rape case at a time when the entire nation was outraged and protests were taking place across the country demanding enactment of strict law against the rapists.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India