Case filed against Asaram Bapu in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: A case was filed in a local court here against spiritual leader Asaram Bapu for his remarks in connection with the Delhi gang-rape case and the court has taken cognisance of it.
The complaint case against the spiritual leader was filed by advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S P Singh, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The petitioner charged Asaram Bapu with allegedly insulting women in general and causing hurt to the sentiments of the people by making controversial remarks during his sermon in Rajasthan`s Tonk district last week in which he had blamed the Delhi gang-rape victim for the incident as much as the rapists.
Ojha prayed for stringent punishment to the spiritual leader for his `condemnable views` in the Delhi gang-rape case at a time when the entire nation was outraged and protests were taking place across the country demanding enactment of strict law against the rapists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boy's heart, brain function halted for cardiac tumour removal!
- Here's what Renuka Shahane has to say about Salman Khan's acquittal in black buck poaching cases
- Mutual fund folio count rises 12.5 lakh to 4.9 crore in June quarter
- Cairn-Vedanta merger to happen by 2016-end: Anil Agarwal
- Withdraw your children from Pakistan schools - India's advisory to diplomats