Case filed against Bal Thackeray, Uddhav and Raj
Gopalganj (Bihar): A case was filed against Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray, party executive president Uddhav Thackeray and Maharashtra Navanirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray for making inflammatory speeches against migrants from Bihar and its people.
Adam Ali, a journalist of Urdu daily "Quami Tanjeem`, filed the case on Thursday in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Sanjay Kumar Sinha charging the Thackerays with making hate speeches against Biharis and other north Indian people that may disrupt peace and communal harmony and fuel regional sentiments in the country.
He also said in his case that Raj Thackeray`s statements describing Bihari migrants as infiltrators and demanding issuance of permit to them for visit to Mumbai and Maharashtra amounted to a `brazen violation` of provisions of the Constitution that allows citizens to move freely and settle down in any part of the country.
Similar petitions have been filed against the Thackerays in Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Nalanda and West Champaran courts besides, in other districts of Bihar over the past few days.
The MNS chief had described the Bihari migrants as infiltrators and threatened to drive them out of Mumbai and Maharashtra following the Bihar government`s protest against the arrest of an accused in the Azad Maidan violence from his native Sitamarhi district by the Mumbai police without informing the local administration.
The Shiv Sena patriarch and his son Uddhav had also joined forces with the MNS chief and made comments to deride Bihari migrants. Udhav Thackeray even demanded issuance of permit to the Biharis for visiting Mumbai and Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!