Case filed against JD(U) ministers, DSP for sedition
Patna: A case was on Monday filed in a local court against JD(U) ministers Bhim Singh and Narendra Singh, and DSP Manish Kumar Singh for alleged sedition for their controversial remarks and conduct respectively over the last week killing of five Indian soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir.
Besides sedition, advocate Ram Sandesh Roy filed the case in the court of judicial magistrate Ravi Ranjan against the three also under sections 131 (abetting mutiny), 153A-1 (promoting enmity between different groups), 153B-A (imputations, assertions prejudicial to national integration) and sections 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) of the IPC.
The charges have also been slapped against the accused persons under various Sections including 500 (defamation), 505 (statements creating or promoting enmity, hatred or ill-will between classes) of the IPC.
The petitioner alleged that the remarks of Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh giving clean chit to Pakistan for the killing of five Indian
Rural Works and Panchayati Raj Minister Bhim Singh too had shown disrespect towards the army and the people at large by saying that the soldiers were recruited in service to lay down their lives for the country, the petitioner said.
He also alleged in the petition that the DSP was guilty of causing hurt to public sentiments by wearing jeans and T-Shirt while he was present at the airport to receive the bodies of slain soldiers on August 8.
Media reports were annexed with the petition to substantiate the accusations.
The case will be heard tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui