Case filed against Raj Thackeray in Bihar
Biharsharif: A complaint case was on Monday filed in Nalanda district court against MNS chief Raj Thackeray for his hate speech against the Bihari people.
A social activist Biresh Pandey filed the case in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate Krishna Bihari Pandey under several sections of IPC.
The petitioner submitted that the people of Bihar felt insulted and their sentiments were hurt by Thackeray`s recent speech in which he had described the Mumbai based Biharis as infiltrators and threatened to drive them out from the city.
Pandey said that the MNS chief`s provocative speech could vitiate peace and communal amity and cause discord among the people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know