Cash, jewellery recovered from executive engineer`s lockers in Bihar
Patna: A total of Rs 18.72 lakh in cash, jewellery and investment papers were seized from two bank lockers of executive engineer of Rural Engineering Organisation Mithilesh Kumar during a search on Thursday.
Additional Director General of Police (HQ) Ravindra Kumar said today that the seizures have been made from two bank lockers at the Federal Bank in Rajabazar and Central Bank of India in Ashiyananagar here.
Sleuths of the Economic Offence Unit of Bihar police had raided 17 premises of four officials including Mithilesh Kumar in which cash and investment documents of around Rs 100 crore were seized.
Other officials whose premises were searched included suspended DIG Alok Kumar, executive engineer of public health and engineering department Nageshwar Sharma and Sub-inspector (Enforcement) Mohammad Yunus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...