Cash, jewellery recovered from executive engineer`s lockers in Bihar
Patna: A total of Rs 18.72 lakh in cash, jewellery and investment papers were seized from two bank lockers of executive engineer of Rural Engineering Organisation Mithilesh Kumar during a search on Thursday.
Additional Director General of Police (HQ) Ravindra Kumar said today that the seizures have been made from two bank lockers at the Federal Bank in Rajabazar and Central Bank of India in Ashiyananagar here.
Sleuths of the Economic Offence Unit of Bihar police had raided 17 premises of four officials including Mithilesh Kumar in which cash and investment documents of around Rs 100 crore were seized.
Other officials whose premises were searched included suspended DIG Alok Kumar, executive engineer of public health and engineering department Nageshwar Sharma and Sub-inspector (Enforcement) Mohammad Yunus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years