Cash, jewellery recovered from executive engineer`s lockers in Bihar
Patna: A total of Rs 18.72 lakh in cash, jewellery and investment papers were seized from two bank lockers of executive engineer of Rural Engineering Organisation Mithilesh Kumar during a search on Thursday.
Additional Director General of Police (HQ) Ravindra Kumar said today that the seizures have been made from two bank lockers at the Federal Bank in Rajabazar and Central Bank of India in Ashiyananagar here.
Sleuths of the Economic Offence Unit of Bihar police had raided 17 premises of four officials including Mithilesh Kumar in which cash and investment documents of around Rs 100 crore were seized.
Other officials whose premises were searched included suspended DIG Alok Kumar, executive engineer of public health and engineering department Nageshwar Sharma and Sub-inspector (Enforcement) Mohammad Yunus.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai