CBI arrests absconding fodder scam convict
Ranchi: Former regional director of Animal Husbandry Department KN Jha, who was convicted in a fodder scam case but was at large, was today arrested by CBI sleuths in Ranchi.
"KN Jha, one of the 45 convicts in the RC 20A/96, has been arrested at a place in the city," a CBI official said here.
Jha did not turn up on September 30 and October 3 when the special CBI court had convicted and awarded a five-year prison term to him, prompting the CBI to seek warrants from the court, the official said.
"He has been produced before a special CBI court and has been sent to jail," the official added.
Former chief ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav, Jagannath Mishra and other politicians, bureaucrats, ex-AHD officials and fodder suppliers had been among the 45 convicted in the case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of RS 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in the early 1990s.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why