CBI arrests absconding fodder scam convict
Ranchi: Former regional director of Animal Husbandry Department KN Jha, who was convicted in a fodder scam case but was at large, was today arrested by CBI sleuths in Ranchi.
"KN Jha, one of the 45 convicts in the RC 20A/96, has been arrested at a place in the city," a CBI official said here.
Jha did not turn up on September 30 and October 3 when the special CBI court had convicted and awarded a five-year prison term to him, prompting the CBI to seek warrants from the court, the official said.
"He has been produced before a special CBI court and has been sent to jail," the official added.
Former chief ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav, Jagannath Mishra and other politicians, bureaucrats, ex-AHD officials and fodder suppliers had been among the 45 convicted in the case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of RS 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in the early 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan