CBI arrests absconding fodder scam convict
Ranchi: Former regional director of Animal Husbandry Department KN Jha, who was convicted in a fodder scam case but was at large, was today arrested by CBI sleuths in Ranchi.
"KN Jha, one of the 45 convicts in the RC 20A/96, has been arrested at a place in the city," a CBI official said here.
Jha did not turn up on September 30 and October 3 when the special CBI court had convicted and awarded a five-year prison term to him, prompting the CBI to seek warrants from the court, the official said.
"He has been produced before a special CBI court and has been sent to jail," the official added.
Former chief ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav, Jagannath Mishra and other politicians, bureaucrats, ex-AHD officials and fodder suppliers had been among the 45 convicted in the case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of RS 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in the early 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest