CBI court rejects Rupam Pathak`s bail plea
Patna: A CBI court here on Friday dismissed the bail plea of Rupam Pathak, accused of stabbing Purnia BJP MLA Raj Kishore Kesari to death in January this year.
CBI Special Magistrate Krishna Kumar rejected Pathak`s plea after the CBI counsel AK Mishra vehemently opposed it.
Rupam is lodged in judicial custody in the high-security Beur jail on the outskirts of the state capital.
The court had earlier remanded to judicial custody journalist Navlesh Pathak who is a co-accused in the murder case.
The CBI had on April 2 filed a chargesheet against Rupam Pathak, a teacher, in the court of special judicial magistrate.
The chargesheet was filed against her under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), CBI sources said.
Pathak had stabbed to death Kesari at his house in Purnia on January 4, 2011. The supporters of Kesari caught her and beat her mercilessly before handing her over to police.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had on January 8 recommended CBI probe into the case following a written request by Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, who three days after giving a clean chit to the dead legislator had taken a U-turn.
Modi, urged Kumar to order a CBI probe into the case "as people would doubt the Bihar police findings since Keshri was a ruling party MLA."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends