CBI court rejects Rupam Pathak`s bail plea
Patna: A CBI court here on Friday dismissed the bail plea of Rupam Pathak, accused of stabbing Purnia BJP MLA Raj Kishore Kesari to death in January this year.
CBI Special Magistrate Krishna Kumar rejected Pathak`s plea after the CBI counsel AK Mishra vehemently opposed it.
Rupam is lodged in judicial custody in the high-security Beur jail on the outskirts of the state capital.
The court had earlier remanded to judicial custody journalist Navlesh Pathak who is a co-accused in the murder case.
The CBI had on April 2 filed a chargesheet against Rupam Pathak, a teacher, in the court of special judicial magistrate.
The chargesheet was filed against her under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), CBI sources said.
Pathak had stabbed to death Kesari at his house in Purnia on January 4, 2011. The supporters of Kesari caught her and beat her mercilessly before handing her over to police.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had on January 8 recommended CBI probe into the case following a written request by Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, who three days after giving a clean chit to the dead legislator had taken a U-turn.
Modi, urged Kumar to order a CBI probe into the case "as people would doubt the Bihar police findings since Keshri was a ruling party MLA."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA