‘CBI must probe afresh Chandrashekhar murder’
Patna: CPI-ML (Liberation) general secretary
Dipankar Bhattacharya on Thursday demanded that the CBI probe afresh
the murder case of JNU Students` Union leader and party
activist Chandrashekhar Prasad.
Talking to reporters here, Bhattacharya alleged that the
investigating agency had not probed the case from the
political conspiray angle despite the fact that the
name of a RJD leader had come to the fore after the murder.
The CPI-ML leader also alleged that the CBI had not
probed the conspiracy and political angle involved in the
cases of murder of Chandrashekhar in Bihar`s Siwan district
and its MLA Mahendra Singh in Jharkhand.
Both the cases should be probed by the CBI afresh, he
A CBI court here had on March 20 convicted three persons
in connection with the Chandrashekhar murder case in March
1997 and fixed tomorrow as the date to pronounce the quantum
of punishment to the convicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?