‘CBI must probe afresh Chandrashekhar murder’
Patna: CPI-ML (Liberation) general secretary
Dipankar Bhattacharya on Thursday demanded that the CBI probe afresh
the murder case of JNU Students` Union leader and party
activist Chandrashekhar Prasad.
Talking to reporters here, Bhattacharya alleged that the
investigating agency had not probed the case from the
political conspiray angle despite the fact that the
name of a RJD leader had come to the fore after the murder.
The CPI-ML leader also alleged that the CBI had not
probed the conspiracy and political angle involved in the
cases of murder of Chandrashekhar in Bihar`s Siwan district
and its MLA Mahendra Singh in Jharkhand.
Both the cases should be probed by the CBI afresh, he
A CBI court here had on March 20 convicted three persons
in connection with the Chandrashekhar murder case in March
1997 and fixed tomorrow as the date to pronounce the quantum
of punishment to the convicts.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!