‘CBI must probe afresh Chandrashekhar murder’
Patna: CPI-ML (Liberation) general secretary
Dipankar Bhattacharya on Thursday demanded that the CBI probe afresh
the murder case of JNU Students` Union leader and party
activist Chandrashekhar Prasad.
Talking to reporters here, Bhattacharya alleged that the
investigating agency had not probed the case from the
political conspiray angle despite the fact that the
name of a RJD leader had come to the fore after the murder.
The CPI-ML leader also alleged that the CBI had not
probed the conspiracy and political angle involved in the
cases of murder of Chandrashekhar in Bihar`s Siwan district
and its MLA Mahendra Singh in Jharkhand.
Both the cases should be probed by the CBI afresh, he
A CBI court here had on March 20 convicted three persons
in connection with the Chandrashekhar murder case in March
1997 and fixed tomorrow as the date to pronounce the quantum
of punishment to the convicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list