CBI probe if Singh`s family wants: BJP
Patna: Bihar government will recommend a CBI probe into the killing of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji if his family members wanted it, ruling alliance partner BJP said on Sunday.
"The state government has no problem in recommending a CBI probe", state BJP president C P Thakur and state Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh told reporters.
However, Singh`s family members have reposed their trust in the state government and its investigative agency to carry out the probe to its logical conclusion and bring to justice those who killed the Ranvir Sena chief, they said.
There was no merit in the demand by the opposition parties and others to press for a CBI probe in the incident as they were doing so "only to score a few browny points", they said.
On the large scale violence by alleged supporters of the private militia here during the funeral procession of the Ranvir Sena supremo yesterday, the BJP leaders claimed that the `rowdy elements` belonged to the opposition parties who indulged in violent acts to bring disrepute to the slain leader and the state government.
"It (violence) was a political conspiracy hatched by the vested interests to embarrass the state government and defame the reputation of the slain Ranvir Sena chief who was a farmers leader", the BJP leader said.
The state government had already promised that those involved in the violence would be identified and prosecuted and their political backgrounds exposed, they added.
In Arwal district too the Sena supporters halted traffic on national highway between Patna and Aurangabad by burning tyres. They were chased away by police, who were led by District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar Singh and SP Vimal Kumar.
Four persons were detained for blocking the national highway. Shops and business establishments in areas like Karni, Imamganj, Lelma, Mehandia, Kaler, Arwal and Kurtha were closed due to the bandh.
The Ranvir Sena supporters also observed bandh in Lakhisarai district where shops and business establishments were not functioning at many places.
In Patna district, the bandh supporters obstructed movement of Anand Vihar-Bhagalpur Vikramsheela Express between Mokama and Barahia stations for over an hour.
Singh was shot dead by unidentified gunmen while he was taking a stroll near his house at Katira locality of Nawada in Bhojpur district two days ago.
The killing triggered violence in Bhojpur as well as the state capital as his supporters indulged in arson in several government buildings and set on fire scores of vehicles to vent their fury.
A DIG-rank officer has been entrusted with the task of probing the Ranvir Sena chief`s killing and submit report within a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days