CBI reports on plea to make Nitish Kumar accused in fodder scam
Ranchi: The CBI presented its report Friday in the Jharkhand High Court on a petition seeking that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar too be made an accused in the multi-crore-rupee fodder scam case.
Mithilesh Kumar Singh had filed a petition in the high court demanding that the Bihar chief minister be made an accused in the scam.
The petitioner had earlier filed an application under the Right to Information Act, and recovered the supplier`s statement, which said that Nitish Kumar was also a beneficiary in the fodder scam.
The petition had earlier been dismissed by the Ranchi CBI Court.
Mithilesh Kumar then moved the Jharkhand High Court, which sought a report from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the matter.
The next hearing of the case will take place Dec 13.
The fodder scam, which broke out in 1996, relates to expenses incurred on fodder, medicines and animal husbandry equipment for vast herds of livestock. Investigations revealed that the herds did not exist, and bills had been made fraudulently, to defraud the Bihar exchequer of about Rs.900 crore.
Among the accused in the case are two former chief ministers of Bihar, Lalu Prasad Yadav and Jagannath Mishra.
In 2000, the state of Jharkhand was carved out from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations