Celebration of Bihar day a wastage of public money: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Tuesday took
a swipe at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, terming the three-day
Bihar Diwas celebrations as a "wastage of public money aimed
at gaining political mileage in the election year."
He said both the RJD and the LJP boycotted an official
function marking the event yesterday.
"It is being organised to improve image of Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar in the election year. The hard earned money of
people was being looted by ruling NDA dispensation in the name
of organising functions..," Paswan charged.
"The state government had invested the money to showcase
its achievements and to create an illusion in the minds of
people of Bihar that the state was economically sound and
would achieve the growth rate of 15 per cent by the end of
2015 and would become a developed state," he told reporters
here before leaving for New Delhi.
Paswan advocated for increasing the parliamentary seats
in the country from the present 543 to 814 so that proper
representation could be provided to women and the candidates
belonging to SC/ST and other castes deserving reservations.
Paswan ruled out any differences between RJD and LJP over
seat sharing during upcoming assembly elections and claimed
that the alliance was intact and they would contest the
elections to unseat the NDA government headed by Nitish Kumar.
"The alliance between RJD and LJP is intact and the two
parties will take on the might of the NDA during the assembly
elections in Bihar," Paswan said, addresing a gathering here
at the centenary celebration of veteran socialist leader Ram
Paswan said naxalism was "related to poverty" and unless
socio-economic problems of people were not mitigated,
naxalites would not lay down their arms. He asked the
government to launch schemes aimed at bringing this section of
the society to the main stream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan