Celebration of Bihar day a wastage of public money: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Tuesday took
a swipe at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, terming the three-day
Bihar Diwas celebrations as a "wastage of public money aimed
at gaining political mileage in the election year."
He said both the RJD and the LJP boycotted an official
function marking the event yesterday.
"It is being organised to improve image of Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar in the election year. The hard earned money of
people was being looted by ruling NDA dispensation in the name
of organising functions..," Paswan charged.
"The state government had invested the money to showcase
its achievements and to create an illusion in the minds of
people of Bihar that the state was economically sound and
would achieve the growth rate of 15 per cent by the end of
2015 and would become a developed state," he told reporters
here before leaving for New Delhi.
Paswan advocated for increasing the parliamentary seats
in the country from the present 543 to 814 so that proper
representation could be provided to women and the candidates
belonging to SC/ST and other castes deserving reservations.
Paswan ruled out any differences between RJD and LJP over
seat sharing during upcoming assembly elections and claimed
that the alliance was intact and they would contest the
elections to unseat the NDA government headed by Nitish Kumar.
"The alliance between RJD and LJP is intact and the two
parties will take on the might of the NDA during the assembly
elections in Bihar," Paswan said, addresing a gathering here
at the centenary celebration of veteran socialist leader Ram
Paswan said naxalism was "related to poverty" and unless
socio-economic problems of people were not mitigated,
naxalites would not lay down their arms. He asked the
government to launch schemes aimed at bringing this section of
the society to the main stream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced