Celebration of Bihar day a wastage of public money: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Tuesday took
a swipe at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, terming the three-day
Bihar Diwas celebrations as a "wastage of public money aimed
at gaining political mileage in the election year."
He said both the RJD and the LJP boycotted an official
function marking the event yesterday.
"It is being organised to improve image of Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar in the election year. The hard earned money of
people was being looted by ruling NDA dispensation in the name
of organising functions..," Paswan charged.
"The state government had invested the money to showcase
its achievements and to create an illusion in the minds of
people of Bihar that the state was economically sound and
would achieve the growth rate of 15 per cent by the end of
2015 and would become a developed state," he told reporters
here before leaving for New Delhi.
Paswan advocated for increasing the parliamentary seats
in the country from the present 543 to 814 so that proper
representation could be provided to women and the candidates
belonging to SC/ST and other castes deserving reservations.
Paswan ruled out any differences between RJD and LJP over
seat sharing during upcoming assembly elections and claimed
that the alliance was intact and they would contest the
elections to unseat the NDA government headed by Nitish Kumar.
"The alliance between RJD and LJP is intact and the two
parties will take on the might of the NDA during the assembly
elections in Bihar," Paswan said, addresing a gathering here
at the centenary celebration of veteran socialist leader Ram
Paswan said naxalism was "related to poverty" and unless
socio-economic problems of people were not mitigated,
naxalites would not lay down their arms. He asked the
government to launch schemes aimed at bringing this section of
the society to the main stream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says