Central university in Motihari: Bihar CM
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Monday said the proposed central university would come up in
Motihari, the district headquarter town of East Champaran.
"It is now hundred per cent sure that the central
university will be set up in Motihari," Kumar told reporters
on the sidelines of `Janata Darbar Programme` in Patna.
"We have already written to the Centre about it... and
the university will come up there," he said.
Kumar said Union Human Resource Minister Kabil Sibal
would come here tomorrow to lay the foundation of the new
campus of IIT Patna which is currently run in the campus of
the Patna Polytechnique College.
Referring to the proposed study centre of the Aligarh
Muslim University in Kishanganj, he said the state government
had acquired land for the purpose.
The government had also acquired 100 acres land for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir