Central university in Motihari: Bihar CM
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Monday said the proposed central university would come up in
Motihari, the district headquarter town of East Champaran.
"It is now hundred per cent sure that the central
university will be set up in Motihari," Kumar told reporters
on the sidelines of `Janata Darbar Programme` in Patna.
"We have already written to the Centre about it... and
the university will come up there," he said.
Kumar said Union Human Resource Minister Kabil Sibal
would come here tomorrow to lay the foundation of the new
campus of IIT Patna which is currently run in the campus of
the Patna Polytechnique College.
Referring to the proposed study centre of the Aligarh
Muslim University in Kishanganj, he said the state government
had acquired land for the purpose.
The government had also acquired 100 acres land for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!