Centre allocates fund for opening AMU campus
Kisanganj (Bihar): Process to open a special campus of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) here has gained momentum with the Centre allocating fund to the university management to prepare DPR, Congress MP Asrarul Haq Kasmi said on Saturday.
Union Human Resources Development (HRD) ministry has allocated Rs 30 lakh to AMU management on March 6 last to prepare DPR (Detailed Project Report) of the new campus, Kasmi told reporters.
After getting the DPR, the HRD ministry would provide Rs 30 crore for construction of the new campus, he added.
Kasmi said he was stating this on the basis of assurance received from UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and HRD minister Pallam Raju. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is also keen on opening a special campus of AMU here, he said.
The Kisanganj MP said that study in the AMU campus here will begin from this session itself.
The Congress leader without naming anybody said "there are some people who are making political statements on AMU campus at Kisanganj and befooling people."
The then Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee had in his budget speech for 2012-13 announced opening AMU branch at Kisanganj. Apart from Bihar, AMU will open branches in Murshidabad (West Bengal) Malappuram (Kerala), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) and Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users