Centre allocates fund for opening AMU campus
Kisanganj (Bihar): Process to open a special campus of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) here has gained momentum with the Centre allocating fund to the university management to prepare DPR, Congress MP Asrarul Haq Kasmi said on Saturday.
Union Human Resources Development (HRD) ministry has allocated Rs 30 lakh to AMU management on March 6 last to prepare DPR (Detailed Project Report) of the new campus, Kasmi told reporters.
After getting the DPR, the HRD ministry would provide Rs 30 crore for construction of the new campus, he added.
Kasmi said he was stating this on the basis of assurance received from UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and HRD minister Pallam Raju. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is also keen on opening a special campus of AMU here, he said.
The Kisanganj MP said that study in the AMU campus here will begin from this session itself.
The Congress leader without naming anybody said "there are some people who are making political statements on AMU campus at Kisanganj and befooling people."
The then Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee had in his budget speech for 2012-13 announced opening AMU branch at Kisanganj. Apart from Bihar, AMU will open branches in Murshidabad (West Bengal) Malappuram (Kerala), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) and Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti