Centre allocates fund for opening AMU campus
Kisanganj (Bihar): Process to open a special campus of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) here has gained momentum with the Centre allocating fund to the university management to prepare DPR, Congress MP Asrarul Haq Kasmi said on Saturday.
Union Human Resources Development (HRD) ministry has allocated Rs 30 lakh to AMU management on March 6 last to prepare DPR (Detailed Project Report) of the new campus, Kasmi told reporters.
After getting the DPR, the HRD ministry would provide Rs 30 crore for construction of the new campus, he added.
Kasmi said he was stating this on the basis of assurance received from UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and HRD minister Pallam Raju. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is also keen on opening a special campus of AMU here, he said.
The Kisanganj MP said that study in the AMU campus here will begin from this session itself.
The Congress leader without naming anybody said "there are some people who are making political statements on AMU campus at Kisanganj and befooling people."
The then Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee had in his budget speech for 2012-13 announced opening AMU branch at Kisanganj. Apart from Bihar, AMU will open branches in Murshidabad (West Bengal) Malappuram (Kerala), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) and Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra