Centre allocates fund for opening AMU campus
Kisanganj (Bihar): Process to open a special campus of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) here has gained momentum with the Centre allocating fund to the university management to prepare DPR, Congress MP Asrarul Haq Kasmi said on Saturday.
Union Human Resources Development (HRD) ministry has allocated Rs 30 lakh to AMU management on March 6 last to prepare DPR (Detailed Project Report) of the new campus, Kasmi told reporters.
After getting the DPR, the HRD ministry would provide Rs 30 crore for construction of the new campus, he added.
Kasmi said he was stating this on the basis of assurance received from UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and HRD minister Pallam Raju. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is also keen on opening a special campus of AMU here, he said.
The Kisanganj MP said that study in the AMU campus here will begin from this session itself.
The Congress leader without naming anybody said "there are some people who are making political statements on AMU campus at Kisanganj and befooling people."
The then Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee had in his budget speech for 2012-13 announced opening AMU branch at Kisanganj. Apart from Bihar, AMU will open branches in Murshidabad (West Bengal) Malappuram (Kerala), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) and Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'