Centre bowing down to pressure of separatists: Bihar Dy CM
Patna: The Centre has bowed down to the pressure of separatist forces by denying permission to senior BJP leaders to hoist the national tricolour at Lal Chowk on Republic Day, senior party leader Sushil Kumar Modi said on Tuesday.
"It seems that the Centre has succumbed to pressure from divisive and separatist forces by getting senior party leaders like Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and Ananth Kumar arrested," Modi said at a function organised to mark the 88th birth anniversary of former chief minister Karpoori Thakur.
Stating that separatist leaders in the Kashmir Valley had announced that they would undertake a march to Lal Chowk and would not allow hoisting of the flag, Modi rued that "the government has arrested senior BJP politicians instead of putting the separatist leaders behind bars."
Expressing dismay that thousands of BJP activists from Bihar and other states had been denied permission to enter J-K, the Bihar deputy chief minister said "isn`t it a matter of surprise that people who want to unfurl the national flag at a place within the country on Republic Day are being prevented this way."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living