Centre bowing down to pressure of separatists: Bihar Dy CM
Patna: The Centre has bowed down to the pressure of separatist forces by denying permission to senior BJP leaders to hoist the national tricolour at Lal Chowk on Republic Day, senior party leader Sushil Kumar Modi said on Tuesday.
"It seems that the Centre has succumbed to pressure from divisive and separatist forces by getting senior party leaders like Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and Ananth Kumar arrested," Modi said at a function organised to mark the 88th birth anniversary of former chief minister Karpoori Thakur.
Stating that separatist leaders in the Kashmir Valley had announced that they would undertake a march to Lal Chowk and would not allow hoisting of the flag, Modi rued that "the government has arrested senior BJP politicians instead of putting the separatist leaders behind bars."
Expressing dismay that thousands of BJP activists from Bihar and other states had been denied permission to enter J-K, the Bihar deputy chief minister said "isn`t it a matter of surprise that people who want to unfurl the national flag at a place within the country on Republic Day are being prevented this way."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country