‘Centre is trying to encroach state through NCTC’
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Thursday said Centre has been trying to encroach state`s
jurisdiction through the formation of National Counter
Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
"Centre is trying to encroach upon the state`s
jurisdiction through NCTC," Kumar said when replying to a
two-day debate on Governor Devanand Konwar`s customary address
to the joint sitting of the two houses of the state
Kumar expressed his displeasure over Centre`s delay in
providing coal linkages to Bihar.
He also strongly objected to the reports describing
"Bihar Module of Terrorism" following arrest of some persons
of dubious characters from the state`s Madhubani and Darbhanga
Kumar said, "Terrorism should not be linked with any
district, state or community. The people of Madhubani and
Darbhanga had never supported any type of terrorism. It is an
insult and disrespect to describe as Bihar Module of Terrorism
if some people with dubious characters have been arrested from
Kumar also slammed the opposition for targeting the
state government for holding the three-day Global Summit 2012
in Bihar that ended on February 19.
"It would definitely come in handy for the development
of the state. If the people try to connect with Bihar what is
wrong in it," he said.
The CM during his hour-long speech in the
state assembly lambasted Centre for the electricity problems
"Centre has failed to sanction coal linkage for
Barauni and Kanti thermal power plants," he said.
Kumar said Centre should give 50 per cent of the
electricity being produced in Bihar NTPC power plants to the
state and sought cooperation from the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'