Centre to decide airport in Nalanda: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said though the state government had asked the
authorities to look for acquiring land in Nalanda district,
it was for Centre to take a decision on the issue.
"We have asked the authorities concerned to look for
acquiring land in Nalanda Pawapuri area for setting up a new
airport there. But it is for the civil aviation ministry and
Airports Authority of India to take a final view on the
issue," Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of his janata
Chief minister said the state government had earlier
suggested to further expand the airport in Patna towards
Phulwari Sharif site but the proposal was not accepted by
He said there were a lot of difficulties in acquisition
of land for setting up airport in Bihta on the outskirts of
Kumar said a proposal had already been sent to Centre for
setting up the new airport in Nalanda.
"We will order acquisition of land in Nalanda once the
proposal is approved by Centre," he said.
Kumar said a team of experts from New Delhi would soon
visit Nalanda to inspect the proposed area for airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption