Centre to decide airport in Nalanda: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said though the state government had asked the
authorities to look for acquiring land in Nalanda district,
it was for Centre to take a decision on the issue.
"We have asked the authorities concerned to look for
acquiring land in Nalanda Pawapuri area for setting up a new
airport there. But it is for the civil aviation ministry and
Airports Authority of India to take a final view on the
issue," Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of his janata
Chief minister said the state government had earlier
suggested to further expand the airport in Patna towards
Phulwari Sharif site but the proposal was not accepted by
He said there were a lot of difficulties in acquisition
of land for setting up airport in Bihta on the outskirts of
Kumar said a proposal had already been sent to Centre for
setting up the new airport in Nalanda.
"We will order acquisition of land in Nalanda once the
proposal is approved by Centre," he said.
Kumar said a team of experts from New Delhi would soon
visit Nalanda to inspect the proposed area for airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city