Centre withholding SSA funds : Bihar Dy CM
Patna: Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar
Modi today charged the Centre with withholding the release of
funds for Serva Siksha Abhiyaan (SSA) in Bihar.
The Centre allocated Rs 11,000 crore under SSA
and the central share was Rs 7500 crore, Modi said.
He informed that the Centre had so far provided
Rs 1145 crore and given assurance of releasing the second
installment of Rs 1000 crore.
Modi said that it was unfortunate the Centre has
not yet released Bihar`s full share at a time when the state
had made a headway in primary education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice