Charge framed against Ex-MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav
Patna: A court here Monday framed charge against ex-RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav in a case related to illegal use of mobile phone in jail nine years ago.
Judicial Magistrate Anil Kumar Ram framed charge against Ranjan in connection with a case lodged against him after seizure of a mobile phone and earphone from his shoes in his cell in hospital ward of Beur Jail on December 8, 2004 by the then IG (Jail), SP (City) and other officials.
The then Beur jail jailer Dilip Kumar Singh had lodged a case against Ranjan under relevant provisions of the law at Phulwarisharif police station.
After framing charge against Ranjan, the judge directed prosecution to produce witnesses on the next date of hearing next month for cross examination by defence lawyers.
The former RJD MP was present in the court during framing of charge against him in the said case.
Ranjan was recently acquitted by the Patna High Court in the murder case of the then CPI(M) Ajit Sarkar 17 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead