Chhedi Paswan slams JD(U) leadership over his suspension
Patna: Terming his suspension from the party as "unconstitutional", disgruntled JD(U) MLA Chhedi Paswan on Sunday slammed party leadership for not giving him a chance to explain his meeting with BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"JD(U) leadership should have followed the party constitution and issued a show cause notice to me seeking an explanation about my meeting with Modi before taking whatever action they desired to take," he told reporters here after arriving from Ahmedabad today.
"But all these norms were conveniently ignored as the JD(U) leadership summarily suspended me from the party for meeting Modi," Paswan, who represented the Mohania assembly seat from Rohtas district, said.
The suspended MLA maintained that his meeting with Modi was a courtesy call and said that he did not discuss anything political during the 45-minute interaction with the Gujarat Chief Minister to invite the wrath of the party leadership.
He, however, appeared to be impressed with Modi`s persona and said it was not for nothing that the youths of the country have been rooting for him to be the next Prime Minister.
Asked about his assessment of the leadership qualities of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his Gujarat counterpart, he said that there was a world of difference between the two leaders, but refused to elaborate any further.
On his future course of action, Paswan said he definitely intended to contest the forthcoming general elections, but has not given a thought to his joining the BJP.
Paswan, a minister in the Nitish Kumar government during the NDA-I, had turned a dissident after he was ignored in the ministry in the NDA-II by the Chief Minister and had heaped scorn on the leadership on a number of occasions in the past.
His meeting with Modi yesterday embarrassed JD(U) leadership which suspended him for six years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical