Child injured as Bihar Deputy Chief Minister’s pilot vehicle hits him
Hajipur: A seven year-old boy was injured when
the pilot vehicle in the convoy of Bihar Deputy Chief Minister
S K Modi hit him near Namidi under Lalganj police station in
Bihar`s Vaishali district on Saturday, police said.
The vehicle hit Utkarsh when he was standing on the road,
sources said adding that he was admitted to a nearby hospital.
Angry locals blocked Hajipur-Lalganj road for more than
an hour in protest against the incident, they said.
LJP president Ramvilas Paswan, who was returning to
Hajipur from Lalganj, stopped his vehicle at the accident-site
and assured the locals of doing the needful.
Paswan later visited the hospital where Utkarsh was
being treated, sources said.
Modi was on way to Lalganj from the state capital to
participate in a mega loan distribution camp when the accident
occured, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India