Child injured as Bihar Deputy Chief Minister’s pilot vehicle hits him
Hajipur: A seven year-old boy was injured when
the pilot vehicle in the convoy of Bihar Deputy Chief Minister
S K Modi hit him near Namidi under Lalganj police station in
Bihar`s Vaishali district on Saturday, police said.
The vehicle hit Utkarsh when he was standing on the road,
sources said adding that he was admitted to a nearby hospital.
Angry locals blocked Hajipur-Lalganj road for more than
an hour in protest against the incident, they said.
LJP president Ramvilas Paswan, who was returning to
Hajipur from Lalganj, stopped his vehicle at the accident-site
and assured the locals of doing the needful.
Paswan later visited the hospital where Utkarsh was
being treated, sources said.
Modi was on way to Lalganj from the state capital to
participate in a mega loan distribution camp when the accident
occured, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’