Chinese envoy meets Nitish, 1 bn aid to University of Nalanda
Patna: Chinese Ambassador to India Zhang Yan on Thursday informed that his country had committed USD one billion aid to re-establish the historic Nalanda University in Bihar as an international institute of learning.
"China will provide one billion dollar aid to re-establish the historic Nalanda University in Bihar," Zhang Yan, who along with his wife Chen Yang Zia, met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at the secretariat here, said.
The Nalanda University Bill, 2010, will establish a Central university in Nalanda district, on the lines of the ancient university which was founded there in the 5th century AD and became a centre of learning for students from across South Asia.
He invited Kumar to undertake a visit to China.
Kumar said he will try to visit China if he finds appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Sky is the limit for investments in India: Arun Jaitley
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Why hot climate fuels aggression, violence
- Dinosaur-era bugs knew how to camouflage
- Mumbai school refuses admission to boy, judge offers to pay fees