Chinese envoy meets Nitish, 1 bn aid to University of Nalanda
Patna: Chinese Ambassador to India Zhang Yan on Thursday informed that his country had committed USD one billion aid to re-establish the historic Nalanda University in Bihar as an international institute of learning.
"China will provide one billion dollar aid to re-establish the historic Nalanda University in Bihar," Zhang Yan, who along with his wife Chen Yang Zia, met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at the secretariat here, said.
The Nalanda University Bill, 2010, will establish a Central university in Nalanda district, on the lines of the ancient university which was founded there in the 5th century AD and became a centre of learning for students from across South Asia.
He invited Kumar to undertake a visit to China.
Kumar said he will try to visit China if he finds appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note