Chinese envoy meets Nitish, 1 bn aid to University of Nalanda
Patna: Chinese Ambassador to India Zhang Yan on Thursday informed that his country had committed USD one billion aid to re-establish the historic Nalanda University in Bihar as an international institute of learning.
"China will provide one billion dollar aid to re-establish the historic Nalanda University in Bihar," Zhang Yan, who along with his wife Chen Yang Zia, met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at the secretariat here, said.
The Nalanda University Bill, 2010, will establish a Central university in Nalanda district, on the lines of the ancient university which was founded there in the 5th century AD and became a centre of learning for students from across South Asia.
He invited Kumar to undertake a visit to China.
Kumar said he will try to visit China if he finds appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters