CID probe ordered in Bihar`s 12-year-old girl missing case Navrup
Muzaffarpur: The Bihar government has ordered a CID probe into the "mysterious" disappearance of a 12-year-old girl from Muzaffarpur district last year.
Chakravarti had gone missing from her house at Jawahar Lal Nehru road under Town police station area on September 18, police said today.
The Inspector General of Police (IG), CID, Arvind Pandey has been asked to take over the probe.
Earlier, the girl`s parents Atulya and Maitreyi Chakravarti had demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
However, they have refused to provide blood samples for matching with the DNA test of a skeleton recovered from their home on November 26 last year.
The Muzaffarpur police had subsequently filed a petition in the local court
seeking it to direct the girl`s parents to provide blood sample for carrying out the DNA test of the skeleton following which Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) SP Singh passed an order on January 4 in favour of the police.
However, the parents of the missing girl have not yet given their blood samples despite requested twice by police, sources said.
Meanwhile, the IG (CID) has requested Navrupa`s parents to cooperate with the police and give blood samples to enable an impartial and transparent probe in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections