CID probe ordered into chopping off girl`s hand
Patna: The Bihar government on Monday ordered a CID probe into the chopping off the right hand of an eight-year-old girl at a railway station here three days ago, police said.
Director General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand ordered the CID probe into the alleged attack on Uzma Ara in a bylane near Rajendra Nagar Terminal after her mother Nasreen Khatun approached Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for justice at his Janata Durbar.
After giving a patient hearing to Khatun, Kumar directed her to meet the DGP, who, too, was present at the Janata Durbar and he immediately ordered the CID probe into the incident after hearing the case detail from her.
ADG (CID) AK Upadhyaya told a news agency that the agency will probe the incident afresh with two angles - chopping off the girl`s hand and kidnapping of her brother Zulfikar Alam (4)`s by Bobby Khan and his men in which she was a witness.
Meanwhile, Patna`s Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj maintained that the chopping off girl`s hand was an accident after she fell from a train on the fateful day as has been found out during preliminary probe.
Criminals had allegedly chopped off the eight year-old girl`s hand near the station while she was coming with parents and family members from Darbhanga to meet the DGP to complain about kidnapping of her younger brother allegedly by Khan and his men.
The victim`s parents alleged that the criminals chopped off her hand in a bid to kill her as she was the sole witness of her brother`s kidnapping sometime ago in Darbhanga district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information