CID probe ordered into chopping off girl`s hand
Patna: The Bihar government on Monday ordered a CID probe into the chopping off the right hand of an eight-year-old girl at a railway station here three days ago, police said.
Director General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand ordered the CID probe into the alleged attack on Uzma Ara in a bylane near Rajendra Nagar Terminal after her mother Nasreen Khatun approached Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for justice at his Janata Durbar.
After giving a patient hearing to Khatun, Kumar directed her to meet the DGP, who, too, was present at the Janata Durbar and he immediately ordered the CID probe into the incident after hearing the case detail from her.
ADG (CID) AK Upadhyaya told a news agency that the agency will probe the incident afresh with two angles - chopping off the girl`s hand and kidnapping of her brother Zulfikar Alam (4)`s by Bobby Khan and his men in which she was a witness.
Meanwhile, Patna`s Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj maintained that the chopping off girl`s hand was an accident after she fell from a train on the fateful day as has been found out during preliminary probe.
Criminals had allegedly chopped off the eight year-old girl`s hand near the station while she was coming with parents and family members from Darbhanga to meet the DGP to complain about kidnapping of her younger brother allegedly by Khan and his men.
The victim`s parents alleged that the criminals chopped off her hand in a bid to kill her as she was the sole witness of her brother`s kidnapping sometime ago in Darbhanga district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow