Clarify stand on Land reforms report: Paswan to Nitish
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Monday
asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify his
government`s stand on the report of the D Bandopadhyay
Commission on Land reforms specifically sharecroppers.
"The state government`s silence over the Commission`s
report has created fear and fallacy in the minds of the
landless and the landlords ... It has become necessary that
the state government clarify its stand on the report with a
specific mention of its policy on sharecroppes," Paswan said
in a press statement.
He also asked Kumar to make public the reports of
Mahadalit Commission and Backwards Commission, besides
regularising the services of sweepers appointed on contact.
The state government should also bring out a white paper
on the utilisation of funds it received under the
multi-sectoral scheme for welfare of minorities in different
districts of the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley