Clash over Kalash immersion in Bihar, 12 injured
Gaya: At least 12 people were injured in police lathicharge after a clash broke out between two communities over immersion of a Kalash at Bhalua village in Bihar`s Gaya district on Monday.
The clash took place when one community insisted on taking a specific route to immerse the holy Kalash on the occasion of Shravan Purnima today which was objected to by the other community, the police said.
As the administration`s requests to change the route fell on deaf ears, senior superintendent of police Ganesh Kumar took the Kalash in his possession which led to protests by the community, the police said.
The police then resorted to lathi charge in which at least 12 people, including women were injured.
A total 15 people were taken to custody, the police said, adding the situation was now tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video