Clash over Kalash immersion in Bihar, 12 injured
Gaya: At least 12 people were injured in police lathicharge after a clash broke out between two communities over immersion of a Kalash at Bhalua village in Bihar`s Gaya district on Monday.
The clash took place when one community insisted on taking a specific route to immerse the holy Kalash on the occasion of Shravan Purnima today which was objected to by the other community, the police said.
As the administration`s requests to change the route fell on deaf ears, senior superintendent of police Ganesh Kumar took the Kalash in his possession which led to protests by the community, the police said.
The police then resorted to lathi charge in which at least 12 people, including women were injured.
A total 15 people were taken to custody, the police said, adding the situation was now tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das