Clash over Kalash immersion in Bihar, 12 injured
Gaya: At least 12 people were injured in police lathicharge after a clash broke out between two communities over immersion of a Kalash at Bhalua village in Bihar`s Gaya district on Monday.
The clash took place when one community insisted on taking a specific route to immerse the holy Kalash on the occasion of Shravan Purnima today which was objected to by the other community, the police said.
As the administration`s requests to change the route fell on deaf ears, senior superintendent of police Ganesh Kumar took the Kalash in his possession which led to protests by the community, the police said.
The police then resorted to lathi charge in which at least 12 people, including women were injured.
A total 15 people were taken to custody, the police said, adding the situation was now tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders