Clash over Kalash immersion in Bihar, 12 injured
Gaya: At least 12 people were injured in police lathicharge after a clash broke out between two communities over immersion of a Kalash at Bhalua village in Bihar`s Gaya district on Monday.
The clash took place when one community insisted on taking a specific route to immerse the holy Kalash on the occasion of Shravan Purnima today which was objected to by the other community, the police said.
As the administration`s requests to change the route fell on deaf ears, senior superintendent of police Ganesh Kumar took the Kalash in his possession which led to protests by the community, the police said.
The police then resorted to lathi charge in which at least 12 people, including women were injured.
A total 15 people were taken to custody, the police said, adding the situation was now tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam