Class 12 examinees clash with Bihar police
Sheikhpura: A group of Class 12 examinees Monday clashed with police, pelted stones on an examination centre and torched several vehicles, injuring eight policemen in Bihar`s Sheikhpura district.
The police fired several rounds in the air to restore order after the examinees at the Islamia College threw stones and engaged in a clash with the law-enforcers to protest against expulsion of some students for cheating.
Eight policemen, including Sheikhpura police station in-charge Rajendra Singh, were injured in the clash, Sub-Divisional Magistrate Manzoor Ali said.
The injured cops have been admitted to a hospital for treatment, the SDM said.
Earlier in the day, the authorities had expelled 64 examinees appearing in the examination for cheating, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog