Class 12 examinees clash with Bihar police
Sheikhpura: A group of Class 12 examinees Monday clashed with police, pelted stones on an examination centre and torched several vehicles, injuring eight policemen in Bihar`s Sheikhpura district.
The police fired several rounds in the air to restore order after the examinees at the Islamia College threw stones and engaged in a clash with the law-enforcers to protest against expulsion of some students for cheating.
Eight policemen, including Sheikhpura police station in-charge Rajendra Singh, were injured in the clash, Sub-Divisional Magistrate Manzoor Ali said.
The injured cops have been admitted to a hospital for treatment, the SDM said.
Earlier in the day, the authorities had expelled 64 examinees appearing in the examination for cheating, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical