CM meets all successful IIT-JEE candidates from Super-30
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
today met all the 30 successful IIT-JEE candidates from the
prestigious coaching institute Super -30 at his residence and
advised them to become responsible citizens in addition to
their professional achievements.
On being informed by the Super-30 founder Anand Kumar
that all of them hailed from poor families, the Chief Minister
appreciated the efforts of the coaching institute for its
dedication to cater to the educational aspiration of the poor
Kumar told the students to take advantage of the
provision in chief minister`s discretionary fund for sanction
of educational loans to those from poor families whose income
is less than Rs one lakh per annum.
Besides, the state government provides a grant of Rs
50,000 to specific IITs for each student from Bihar, he said.
Kumar, himself an engineer by profession, also
recounted his interest in education, particularly mathematics
during the interaction with the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet