Coaching institute students on rampage for 2nd day
Patna: Protesting students of coaching
institutes pelted stones and burnt vehicles for the second
consecutive day in the Bihar capital Wednesday, a day after the
death of one youth in the violence.
Hundreds of students hit the streets, burnt vehicles,
including police motorcycles near Gopalmarket and pelted
stones at coaching institutes in Bahadurpur this morning.
As a force soon dispersed the mob, police patrolled
the area and several other parts of the city to keep off the
trouble makers, Senior SP Vinit Vinayak said.
During yesterday`s mayhem a student was killed and
more than 12 were injured, four of them critically, as several
police and private vehicles got burnt, coaching institutes
vandalised and policemen subjected to brickbatting police to
burst teargas shells and baton charge.
The agitators demanded immediate shutting down of
those coaching institutes which had allegedly duped the
students in the name of completing the course within a
stipulated time and called for the immediate arrest of those
running such centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley