Coal scam: Nitish asks UPA to explain their `demeaning act`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today termed as "unfortunate" the Supreme Court`s indictment of the government on coal scam issue and asked Manmohan Singh government to explain to the nation their "demeaning act".
"There is not much to debate after observation made by the apex court on any issue... The event is unfortunate," Kumar said.
The Chief Minister, who is senior leader of JD(U), said in addition to explaining their "demeaning act" of perusing the CBI status report on coal allocation issue beforehand to the Supreme Court, the Centre needs to give an explanation to the nation as well.
Taking potshots at the UPA government, Kumar said while this event has come to light, many such issues must have been going on which never came in the public domain.
Asked about logjam in Parliament over the issue, the CM said "it is the responsibility of the government to ensure smooth running of Parliamentary Houses."
"The government should find a solution to end the logjam. It is their job," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan