Coal scam: Nitish asks UPA to explain their `demeaning act`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today termed as "unfortunate" the Supreme Court`s indictment of the government on coal scam issue and asked Manmohan Singh government to explain to the nation their "demeaning act".
"There is not much to debate after observation made by the apex court on any issue... The event is unfortunate," Kumar said.
The Chief Minister, who is senior leader of JD(U), said in addition to explaining their "demeaning act" of perusing the CBI status report on coal allocation issue beforehand to the Supreme Court, the Centre needs to give an explanation to the nation as well.
Taking potshots at the UPA government, Kumar said while this event has come to light, many such issues must have been going on which never came in the public domain.
Asked about logjam in Parliament over the issue, the CM said "it is the responsibility of the government to ensure smooth running of Parliamentary Houses."
"The government should find a solution to end the logjam. It is their job," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users