Colombian woman arrested for illegal stay
Patna: A Colombian woman who had come to Bihar`s Munger district to learn yoga was arrested for overstaying her visa by nearly seven years, police said on Thursday.
Sisiria Hanoi, a Colombian national, was staying illegally in Munger, about 150 km from here, police said. Her visa expired May 13, 2004. "She was arrested and sent to jail for staying illegally," a police official said.
According to police, Hanoi came to Munger to learn yoga in 2001. Hundreds of foreign national visit a yoga university in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Don't panic, British economic fundamentals are strong: Business Secretary
- Monetary committee rules to be notified in few weeks: Economic Affairs Secretary
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes
- Land grab accused Asha Kumari appointed AICC in-charge of Punjab, triggers row
- 'Bank mergers likely to happen after SBI consolidation'