Commotion at Narendra Modi`s rally venue in Gaya
Zee Media Bureau
Gaya: The Bihar police on Thursday had to resort to mild lathicharge to control the massive crowd assembled at a ground here to attend the rally of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Before Modi could begin his speech, commotion was witnessed at the Gandhi maidan here.
As soon as Modi reached the venue in his chopper, the crowd reportedly broke the barricades and entered the zone restricted for media to get a glimpse of the BJP leader.
Police then had to resort to lathicharge to control the crowd. A few in the crowd were seen throwing shoes, chairs at the cops, adding to the commotion. Bihar BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi urged supporters to stay calm.
Security was tightened as Maoists blew up two mobile towers exploding powerful bombs in two areas of Gaya district ahead of two election rallies of Modi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid