Commotion at Narendra Modi`s rally venue in Gaya
Zee Media Bureau
Gaya: The Bihar police on Thursday had to resort to mild lathicharge to control the massive crowd assembled at a ground here to attend the rally of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Before Modi could begin his speech, commotion was witnessed at the Gandhi maidan here.
As soon as Modi reached the venue in his chopper, the crowd reportedly broke the barricades and entered the zone restricted for media to get a glimpse of the BJP leader.
Police then had to resort to lathicharge to control the crowd. A few in the crowd were seen throwing shoes, chairs at the cops, adding to the commotion. Bihar BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi urged supporters to stay calm.
Security was tightened as Maoists blew up two mobile towers exploding powerful bombs in two areas of Gaya district ahead of two election rallies of Modi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport