Complaint case filed against Nitish Kumar
Patna: A complaint case was filed today against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his security men for allegedly assaulting dalpatis during CM`s interaction programme with people on Monday.
One Mohammad Hakit of "Bihar Rajya Dalpat and gram raksha dal mahasangh" filed the complaint case in the court of Chief Judicial Magistre R K Yadav here.
The CJM has sent the case to Judicial Magistrate Rumpa Kumari for hearing tomorrow.
The complaint has alleged that when he and others had visited the CM at "Janata Ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri" programme on Monday to ask him to fulfill the commitment as per an official advertisement regarding appointment of dalpatis on the 2350 vacant post of panchayat secretary, the CM got angry and asked securitymen to beat them and throw them out of the venue.
The securitymen followed the order and assaulted them, the complainant alleged.
The Bihar Panchayat Raj Act, 1947 provided for the formation of a village volunteer force under the command of a Dalpati.
Village Volunteer Force are general watch and ward for meeting cases of emergency like fire, breaking of an embankment or dam, outbreak of epidemic, and occurrence of burglary, dacoity and for maintenance of peace and tranquillity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli