Compulsory retirement for Munsif Magistrate in Bihar
Patna: The Patna High Court administration has decided to compulsorily retire Bhojpur Munsif Magistrate Shambhu Kumar Verma for demanding bribe, PHC sources said on Wednesday.
The administration has taken the decision at a full court meeting of the HC yesterday following recommendations of standing committee of the HC on February 25.
The matter will now go to the state government for compliance, the sources said.
One Sunil Kumar had complained to the authorities that the Munsif Magistrate(Civil judge, Junior division)had sought a bribe of Rs Five lakh through his aide in connection with an election related case.
The complaint was found to be true and action initiated on the basis of this, the sources said.
Three judicial officers of the state were dismissed from service recently on charges of being found with girls in a hotel in Nepal.
The PHC had suspended Sherghati (Gaya) sub-divisional judicial magistrate Ram Sajan for seeking sexual favours from a senior medical officer working there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed