Compulsory retirement for Munsif Magistrate in Bihar
Patna: The Patna High Court administration has decided to compulsorily retire Bhojpur Munsif Magistrate Shambhu Kumar Verma for demanding bribe, PHC sources said on Wednesday.
The administration has taken the decision at a full court meeting of the HC yesterday following recommendations of standing committee of the HC on February 25.
The matter will now go to the state government for compliance, the sources said.
One Sunil Kumar had complained to the authorities that the Munsif Magistrate(Civil judge, Junior division)had sought a bribe of Rs Five lakh through his aide in connection with an election related case.
The complaint was found to be true and action initiated on the basis of this, the sources said.
Three judicial officers of the state were dismissed from service recently on charges of being found with girls in a hotel in Nepal.
The PHC had suspended Sherghati (Gaya) sub-divisional judicial magistrate Ram Sajan for seeking sexual favours from a senior medical officer working there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred